Overview of investment
The South Australia Schools public-private partnership project involves the design, build, finance and maintenance of two new schools in Aldinga and Angle Vale in Adelaide. Both schools are expected to open before the start of the 2022 academic year and will accommodate 1,500 students, with added capacity to cater for an additional 100 students with learning difficulties.
- Access to high-quality education
- Catalysing local economic development
- Social Infrastructure (PPP)
- Investment date
- December 2019
- DIF V
- DIF ownership stake
SA Schools PPP will form a crucial part of the social infrastructure mix in Adelaide, and will help create a safe learning environment and modern educational facilities for children in the city.
- The Covid 19 pandemic has put a spotlight on the consequences of social disparities, and this project is helping reduce these socio-economic differences by extending the availability of quality school facilities in Adelaide.
- Adelaide remains one of South Australia’s fastest growing regions, and the two new schools in Aldinga and Angle Vale, will serve as important anchor institutions to promote economic and community development. The schools will also offer community hubs that will include performing art theatres, libraries, entrepreneur hubs, health service providers, indoor and outdoor sporting facilities.
- SA Schools PPP also aims to have a positive impact on its local communities. A majority of the construction work has been undertaken using local trade contractors and supplier networks. All vital for the upkeep of the local Adelaide construction sector at a difficult time.
“We are committed to providing quality educational facilities that will form a key part of Australia’s essential infrastructure. Students who attend SA Schools will learn the skills of working cooperatively with others, investigating and processing real world issues critical to expanding their four-walled box.”
Managing Director, DIF Capital Partners