DIF Capital Partners (“DIF”) is pleased to announce its commitment to Net Zero. As a globally operating private markets fund manager, DIF supports the goal of Net Zero greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions by 2050, in line with global efforts as a result of the Paris Agreement to have net zero emissions by 2050, or sooner. Since 2019, DIF has been measuring its own GHG emissions, taking steps to reduce its per capita emissions and offsetting the remainder. DIF is committed to continue doing this.
In addition, DIF commits to invest in line with the Paris Agreement targeting to achieve Net Zero emissions by 2050, or sooner, by taking the following steps:
- Continue working with DIF’s portfolio companies to measure GHG emissions and identifying pathways to reduce emissions with the Paris aligned goal of net zero target by 2050, or sooner;
- Continuing DIF’s global investment program into renewable energy and related infrastructure to support the global energy transition to decarbonised sources of energy;
- Reporting in line with the Task Force on Climate-related Disclosures (“TFCD”) recommendations; and
- Reporting on DIF’s progress annually.
Finally, DIF has become a signatory to the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (“IIGCC”) as part of its advocacy on climate change. Together with this initiative DIF will work towards Net Zero solutions for the infrastructure investment market.
Wim Blaasse, Managing Partner, further comments: “We believe that the single biggest threat faced by our generation is climate change. At DIF we see it as our responsibility to apply the same urgency of action to climate issues, as we have done in our response to coronavirus, and we invite all our stakeholders to join us on this commitment.”
About DIF Capital Partners
DIF Capital Partners is a leading global independent fund manager, with €9.0 billion of assets under management across nine closed-end infrastructure funds and several co-investment vehicles. DIF Capital Partners invests in greenfield and operational infrastructure assets located primarily in Europe, the Americas and Australasia through two complementary strategies:
- Traditional DIF funds target equity investments with long-term contracted or regulated income streams including public-private partnerships, concessions, utilities, and (renewable) energy projects.
- DIF CIF funds target equity investments in small to mid-sized economic infrastructure assets in the telecom, energy and transportation sectors.
DIF Capital Partners has a team of over 160 professionals, based in nine offices located in Amsterdam (Schiphol), Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Santiago, Sydney and Toronto. For further information please visit www.dif.eu
Contact: Allard Ruijs, Partner; email@example.com.